The UpCircle Gua Sha is designed to relieve tension and reduce puffiness.
“Gua sha” is a traditional Chinese medical technique where a smooth stone is "scraped" across the skin to release tension from the face. This can also be done on the body, and gua sha practitioners use the technique to relieve chronic pain and tension.
Its unique wing or fin shape allows you to contour your face as well as aids lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness and boost circulation for a healthy glow. Massaged on the face and neck, you can determine the pressure, from gentle strokes to deeper pressure, or you can use the edge to gently scrape the skin, helping the rejuvenation process.
- Aids in lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness
- Boosts circulation for a healthy and bright glow
- Relieves tension and promotes blood circulation
- Improves fine lines and wrinkles
- Can alleviate neck pain
- Could improve headache and migraine symptoms
HOW TO USE
Here’s how to perform a facial gua sha massage:
- Wash the gua sha with soap
- Use a facial mist to hydrate your face.
- Apply a face oil or serum across your face and neck.
- Hold your gua sha tool against your skin at a flat angle (about 15 degrees) and apply light to medium pressure as you stroke different parts of your face and neck. Wiggle and massage the worked area with the stone after every stroke. Repeat each stroke slowly at least five times per area.
- For your neck. Stroke from the base of your neck toward the chin.
- For your jawline. Using the notched side of the stone, start at your chin and stroke up your jawline up to your ear.
- For your cheeks. Use the long side of the stone to rub in an upward motion across your cheek, from the side of your lip, to just above your ear.
- For your under eyes. Start below your eye, near the top of your nose, stroke along the under-eye region with the notched side of the stone, using very light pressure.
- For your brow. Using all sides of the stone at least five times, move along each eyebrow. Stroke upward and outward through the end.
The gua sha tool can also be used on the body. You can customize the practice for different parts of your body like your back, butt, arms, or legs. The process is basically similar and requires an oil and applying pressure in downward strokes.
- Pair with our UpCircle Face Serum for the ultimate glow!
- On Youtube, there are lots of Gua Sha tutorials, you can check them out here
- Suitable for all skin types
- Made in the UK
This product comes with a reusable bag inside cardboard packaging.