Golden milk—also known as Haldi doodh (turmeric milk)—is a traditional Indian drink that is a
loving blend of turmeric and other spices with milk.
Golden Milk is an Ayurvedic drink with many health benefits. For a detailed description of the benefits check out the ingredients list.
Golden Milk contains Curcuma lung (turmeric) as an active ingredient, which is praised within Ayurveda for its many health-promoting and medicinal properties. Turmeric is a natural antibiotic and blood-cleansing agent due to its antibacterial properties and liver-cleansing properties. It is also used as a medicine for chronic conditions. Think of digestive disorders, arthritis, blood sugar problems, and inflammations. It is also used for skin diseases, weak menstruation, anemia, and poor circulation. Not bad at all so just drink two cups of this.
**Disclaimer: we are not certified health professionals so we do recommend you do your own research if you’re interested in taking this for health issues. We only make claims that have been discussed in peer reviewed research.**
HOW TO USE
- 200 ml (vegan) Heat milk and froth well.
- Scoop 1 measuring spoon (= 1 heaped tablespoon) CURCUMAMA Golden Milk into a glass/mug.
- Add a splash of hot milk. (Stir well)
- Pour in the rest of the hot milk.
- Drink your is your Golden Milk
Take the milk you feel comfortable with. For example oat milk, nut milk, or coconut milk.
Make sure the milk is nice and hot, but not boiling. The turmeric & spices then give off a lot of flavors and the Golden Milk becomes creamy.
- Plastic-free packaging: recyclable and reusable glass jar with metal lid
- Vegan & cruelty-free
- 100% natural spices
- 1 Jar contains 220 grams, good for 20 mugs of Golden Milk
- Amsterdam based
- Organic Turmeric is the root of the Curcuma Longa plant. It is known as Holy powder. It has been used in the Indian and Chinese health systems for thousands of years. Turmeric contains a substance called curcumin. Curcumin has a blood purifying and antiviral effect. It is a natural antidepressant and a strong antioxidant. Many diseases arise from minute inflammations. Curcumoids are anti-inflammatories. Hence, the anti-inflammatory power of Turmeric gives a huge boost to the body's self-healing ability and overall mental and physical health.
- Bourbon Vanilla from Madagascar. Vanilla is a climbing orchid. The long, green pods of the Vanilla Orchid are dried and then turn into black sticks. Vanilla pods. Vanilla is known as an aphrodisiac. The ancient Maya already made an intoxicatingly sweet love potion based on Vanilla. Vanilla contains various vitamins and almost all minerals. Vanilla is antibacterial and contains strong antioxidants.
- Piment from Jamaica. Allspice, these are the small, green berries that grow on the tropical allspice tree. This evergreen tree can grow up to 18 meters high. Allspice is packed with vitamins and minerals. Of course, you never eat a lot of allspice at once, but you don't have to. Allspice enhances the health effects of the food you consume. That is the secret power of this little one.
- Cumin from Turkey. CUMIN are the seeds of the Cuminum Cyminum, an airy herb with white or pink flowers. Cumin is often still harvested, dried, and threshed by hand. Cumin is packed with iron, strengthens the immune system, fights infections, and is good for digestion. It is a fat burner and lowers cholesterol. This small, grey-brown seed is super healthy. The Romans already made oil and love potions from cumin seeds.
- Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar from Indonesia. It is made from the sap of the coconut palm blossom. 1 to 3 liters of sap can be collected daily from 1 tree. This thin juice is heated over a fire and thickened. Once it is thick enough, it is poured into molds to cool and harden. It is then called Gula Jawa or Coconut Blossom Sugar. It is the healthiest form of man-made sugar. Coconut blossom sugar is full of iron, zinc, calcium, sodium, and potassium, 12 different types of vitamins, the important probiotic inulin (Inulin ensures that the body does not produce too many fats), works against obesity, diabetes type 2 diabetes, and harmonizes bacterial growth in the stomach for a healthier intestinal flora, flavonoids (flavonoids enhance the anti-inflammatory effect of vitamin C in the body, which can fight viruses and bacteria), antioxidants and many amino acids. Amino acids are micronutrients that are necessary for the production of neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters direct the transmission of information in the brain.
- PIPPALI / Long Pepper from Java, Indonesia. Originally, this pepper comes from the flanks of the Himalayas in northeastern India. It still grows wild there. PIPPALI / Long Pepper is the fruit of an evergreen plant with deep, dark green leaves. The first description of how Long Pepper works was found in India 2500 years ago in ancient Ayurvedic writing. This knowledge reached Greece and was studied by Hippocrates. Pippali was used as an aphrodisiac, is anti-inflammatory, stimulates both digestion and the absorption of nutrients and has a rejuvenating effect, especially on the lungs.